History of Tioga County, Pennsylvania by W. W. Munsell (1883)
History of Tioga County, Pennsylvania by R.C.Brown & Co (1897)
Atlas of Tioga County, Pennsylvania by F.W.Beers (1875)
Tax Records & Maps located in Tax Assessment Office
Vital Records located in Registers & Recorders Office, Wellsboro, PA
Probate Records: Wills & Administrations, Orphan's Court Deeds:
Grantee & Grantor located at Wellsboro Registers & Recorders Office.
Tioga County Pennsylvania Records , 50 volumes
(Note from JMT - Much of the following list of compiled records is the work of Rhoda English Ladd and other volunteers. This collection is a valuable asset to any doing research in Tioga County.)
Volume 1 - Cemetery Inscriptions and Historical Data Eastern half of the County prepared by Hilda Chance, 1970
Volume 2 - Cemetery Inscriptions and Historical Data Inscriptions copied and compiled by Rhoda English Ladd and Lola Wetherbee Franke, 1970
Volume 3- Cemetery Inscriptions and Historical Data Inscriptions copied and compiled by Rhoda English Ladd and Lola Wetherbee Franke, 1971
Volume 4 - Revolutionary Soldiers Buried in Tioga County, Pennsylvania This volume contains mini sketches of Revolutionary Soldiers Data collected and compiled by Rhoda E Ladd & Lola W. Franke, 1971
Volume 5 - Pioneers of Tioga County, Pennsylvania Mini Sketches of origin & the erection of the townships in Tioga County, Pennsylvania abstracted from Outline History of Seven Counties published by The Elmira Star Gazette @ 1885 Data abstracted by Rhoda English Ladd Typed, indexed and copy run by Hilda Chance, 1972 [Note from JMT - I am not including this volume on the site because we have the full text of the cited Outline ... already on the site.]
Volume 6 - 1850 Census of Tioga County, Pennsylvania by township indexed by last name Abstracted from microfilm by Rhoda English Ladd & Lola Wetherbee Franke, Typed, indexed and copy run by Hilda Chance, 1972
Volume 7 - Volume 4 of Cemetery Inscriptions and Historical data Most of these cemeteries located in Deerfield and Chatham townships. Transcriptions copied and compiled by Rhoda English Ladd, Lola Wetherbee Franke and Hilda Chance
Volume 8 - Volume 5 of Cemetery Inscriptions and Historical Data These Cemeteries located in the Cowanesque Valley and on adjoining dirt roads, Records collected and compiled by A William & Rhoda English Ladd, Typing & indexing by Rhoda English Ladd assisted by Dianne Webster Killingstad and Hilda Snowberger Chance, 1973
Volume 9 Delmar Township Historical Data & Census Records 1860 - 1870 - 1880 Abstracted & compiled by Rhoda English Ladd, Lola Wetherbee Franke, Indexed and typed by Rhoda English Ladd & Dianne Webster Killingstad. Copy run by Ladds, 1975
Volume 10 - Ancestral Sketches - Collection of Mini - Sketches of Revolutionary Soldiers given by members of the Wellsboro Chapter DAR and some Bible Records. Records collected & compiled by Rhoda English Ladd, 'typing & indexing by Dianne Killingstad & Hilda S Chance, 1973
Volume 11 Volume 6 of Cemetery Inscriptions & Historical Data contains all or most all of Wellsboro Cemetery ( a section was missed in copying and it appears in a later volume) Cemetery inscriptions copied by A.Wm. & Rhoda Ladd assisted by Victor & Mildred Tinkham, 1974
Volume 12 - Morris, My Home Town - Contains Historical data; Census Records 1820/1880, Special 1890 Pensioners Census; 1899 Directory & 1908/09 Directory of persons living in Tioga County township of Morris, These records were collected, abstracted and compiled by Rhoda English Ladd. These records were accumulated during my research to prove my lineage to James English, Sr,, Robert Campbell, Sr., and Claudius Boatman all soldiers of the American Revolutionary War, 1975
Volume 13 Volume 7 Cemetery Inscriptions & Historical Data Miscellaneous Cemeteries that were missed in areas of Chatham Twp., Farmington Twp ,Elkland Twp., Jackson Twp., Middlebury Twp., and Westfield Twp. Records copied by A, William & Rhoda E Ladd, assisted by Dianne W. Killingstad
Volume 14 - Volume 8 Cemetery Inscriptions & Historical Data Contains records provided by The Corps of Engineers of The Tioga Hammond Dam Project and The Cowanesque Valley Dam Project,Compiled by Rhoda English Ladd and Dianne Webster Killingstad, 1976 Volume 15 - Wills and Administrations 1804 - 1880 Abstracted by Lola Wetherbee Franke & Hilda S. Chance assisted by Rhoda English Ladd. Every name index; printed by Hilda Chance, 1976
Volume 16 - Liberty Township Historical Data & Census Records 1820 - 1880 also contains special 1890 Census of Pensioners; 1899 Directory and 1908 Directory of Liberty Township, Tioga County, Pennsylvania. Records abstracted & compiled by Rhoda English Ladd., 1977
Volume 17 - Vital Records 1852 - 1853 - 1854 Tioga County, PA Births, Deaths & Marriages, Records located in The Pennsylvania Archives. Permission was granted so we could abstract and place in tools form with an every name index.. Included in this volume are Bible Records Abstracted, compiled, typed, indexed and printed by A. William and Rhoda English Ladd, 1978
Volume 18 - Liberty Township Cemetery Records and Historical Data Collected and compiled by members of The Liberty Township Historical Society under the supervision of A. William & Rhoda English Ladd, Typed, indexed and printed by William & Rhoda E. Ladd & Miss Lucille Kehler, members of the Liberty Tioga County Society, 1979.
Volume 19 - A Study of Some Lycoming County, Pennsylvania Census Records (This is a study of my Pine Creek Families) Abstracted & compiled, indexed and copy run by Ladds. Rhoda English Ladd. Researching English, Campbell, Morrison, Blackwell, McMasters and associated families
Volume 20 Vital Records Lycoming County, PA 1852 - 1853 - 1854 Births, Deaths and Marriages. Records were located in the Pennsylvania Archives. Permission was obtained to place in book form with an every name index. Abstracted, compiled, indexed and copy run by A. William & Rhoda E. Ladd, 1980.
Volume 21- Tioga County Pennsylvania Records (Newspaper File) Births, Deaths and Marriages and Historical Data abstracted from our local Newspaper File 1829 - 1873.Newspapers are on file at our local Library (Green Free Library) located on Main St Wellsboro, PA. Data was abstracted by Ruth & Julie Wetherbee and Rhoda English Ladd. Everyname index, 1981
Volume 22 - English & Allied Families by Helen Russell This is a reprint, using a new format. All newspapers items have been typewritten in order to preserve them. Stencil cut by Dale English, Copy run by A. Wm. & Rhoda English Ladd, 1971
Volume 23 - Tioga County Pennsylvania Records- Cemetery, Church and Bible Records Including Beecher Island and Farmington Hill, Presbyterian Church Records with mini family Sketches, Data collected and compiled by Rhoda English Ladd, Contains an every name index, 1981
Volume 24 Chatham Township Census Records 1820 - 1900 Data collected by Forrest Watkins, Indexed by Forrest Watkins, 1981
Volume 25 Volume 2 Newspaper File 1874 - 1880 Tioga County Pennsylvania Records, Births, Deaths,Marriages and Historical Data abstracted from the local Newspaper File. Data abstracted and compiled by Ruth & Julie Wetherbee and Rhoda E. Ladd, 1982
Volume 26 Volume 3 - Newspaper File 1881 - 1885 Same as above, 1982
Volume 27 - Volume 4 - Newspaper File 1860 - 1880 Miscellaneous Includes runs of Newspaper not complete, same a s above, 1983 (My Copy with HJane Webb)
Volume 28 - Volume 5- Newspaper File 1873 - 1887 The Mansfield Advertiser, Papers on file at Mansfield Public Library, Microfilm located at Mansfield University Library, Data copied by Mary Kingsley, 1983
Volume 29 - Volume 6 Newspaper File 1888 - 1895 The Mansfield Advertiser, See above, 1983 (My Copy with Mary Copp)
Volurme 30 - Volume 7 Newspaper File 1896 - 1900 The Mansfield Advertiser, See above, 1983 (My Copy with Mary Copp)
Note : The above thirty volumes are all entitled "Tioga County Pennsylvania Records." These volumes have been compiled as a project of members of The Wellsboro Chapter -DAR and by members of T'he Tioga County Historical Society. Copies can be found in libraries in Knoxville, Mansfield and Wellsboro, Brown Library in Williamsport; State Library in Harrisburg, DAR & Colonial Dames 17th Century Library, Washington DC. Most of them are on microfilm at Salt Lake City.
Volume one starts with Arnot, Blossburg, Arbon. Volume two starts with Old Charleston Cemetery foot of Shumway Hill Volume three starts with Shumway Hill Cemetery Volume four starts with Brookfield Cemetery, Charles Metcalf place, Broadacres Cemetery Volume five starts with Clark Cemetery near Sabinsville Volume six, all Wellsboro Cemetery Volume seven starts with Pioneer Cemetery at Austinburg.- Volume eight, starts with Tioga Memorial Cemetery Volume nine, starts with St.Andrews Cemetery Blossburg, all Blossburg Cemeteries Volume ten, Many of these cemeteries are a repeat of the cemeteries located in Volume one the first cemetery is Gray Cemetery in Covington
Tioga County Pennsylvania Records
The collection and the documentation of Tioga County Pennsylvania Records continues with the completion of four volumes of Historical and Genealogical Data dare ing the year of 1986.
31. 1. Leetonia And Its People (over 100 pictures
32.1 a two volume set consisting of 581 pages of the early history of Leetonia, once a prosperous lum-bering and tanning town, now a ghost town. Docu-mentation consists of census, cemetery, and vital records, deeds, tax lists, and maps, with oral history and family records playing an important part. A detailed table of contents is included.
2. A Revolutionary Heritage Documentation of over 100 Revolutionary Patriots who were pioneers in Tioga County, Pennsylvania. This volume contains an index.
3. Tioga County Pennsylvania Genealogical *ips And Research Materials Available This booklet of 79 pages has been compiled to assist those persons doing Genealogical and Historical Research pertaining to Court House and Library within the County of Tioga Pennsylvania. A detailed table of contents is included.
All the above material was collected and compiled by Rhoda English Ladd, Secretary and Genealogical and Historical Records Chairman of the Tioga County Historical Society assisted by volunteers from the Research Department.
Tioga County Historical Society P.O.Box 724 Weilsboro,Tioga County
Tioga County Pennsylvania Records
35. Leetonia & Its People by Rhoda English Ladd
Volume 3, contains index to Volume 1 & 2 plus additional pictures and family data, 1987
36. Samuel & Marcy (Mayse) Morrison And their Descendants in Bucks, Lycoming, Tioga, and Warren Counties; Pennsylvania 1987 Data collected and arranged by Rhoda English Ladd
37. John & Freelove (Wood) Howland Family Outline Volume 1 contains data on Children of John & Freelove (Wood) Howland and their grandchildren. Data collected and arranged by Rhoda English Ladd 1988
38. John & Lois (Eddy) Howland Family Outline Volume 2 contains data on Children of John & Lois (Eddy) Howland and their grandchildren. Data collected and arranged by Rhoda English Ladd 1988
39. William & Mary (Richmond) Howland Family Outline Volume 9 Contains data on Children of William & Mary (Richmond) Hlowland and their grandchildren. Data collected and arranged by Rhoda English Ladd 1988
40. Thompson, Berry and Cass Families of Bradford & Tioga Counties, Pennsylvania. Data collected and arranged by Rhoda English Ladd 1988
41. McCracken, Baird and Ribble Families of New Jersey & Liberty Township, Tioga County, Pennsylvania. Data collected & arranged by Rhoda English Ladd, 1988
Tioga County Pennsylvania Records
42. Sullivan Township Census Records data abstracted and arranged by Jean Rumsey
43. Sullivan Township Cemeteries These cemeteries have been recopied and notes added by the Cemetery caretaker, Francis Morgan
44. Mansfield Cemeteries Oakwood & Prospect Cemeteries These two cemeteries have been recopied by Mary Kingsley.
45. Eastern section of Tioga County, Pennsylvania In 1970 Hilda Chance copied portions of the cemeteries located in the Eastern part of the County, from Liberty, Blossburg, Mansfield, Sullivan, Richmond, Roseville, Millerton and State Line areas....The above Cemeteries have been recopied by Kelsey Jones...
Note... Cemeteries in Covington area have not been recopied. Cemeteries in Lawrenceville area have not been re- copied. Neither has Evergreen Cemetery at Tioga.
46. Blossburg Township Cemeteries St. Andrew's Roman Catholic Cemetery St. Mary's Catholic Church Cemetery (Polish) Arbon Cemetery Oldest Cemetery Note: there was a cemetery known as the Odd Fellow's Cemetery and a cemetery known as the Union Cemetery still need to know their location. The above were copied by Betty Black of Blossburg. added notes from families and Church Records makes this a very valuable work, 1988
47. Tioga County Census Records (1810-1820-1830-1840)for each township. Data abstracted from microfilm by Rhoda English Ladd., 1988
48. Journey to Day before Yesterday
(a collection of Newspaper articles placed in the Wellsboro Gazette) Genealogical & Historical Mini Sketches prepared by Rhoda English Ladd (Includes queries), 1990
49 Volume one... Liberty Church Records Zion Evangelical Lutheran Church Parish Register 1836-1870 pps. 1- 31 Lutheran Congregation 1898-1936 pps. 1- 82 Frieden's Evangelical Lutheran Church 1831-1891 pps. 1- 106
Total pages 219 Please note: There is an index after each Church Record 50. Volume two Bible Records ninety-three Bible Records 453 pages
Please Note: There is no index. There is however an extensive Table of Contents listing name of each Bible Record There are 93 Bible Records (some containing 1 to 13 pages of records or more - not every page is numbers pages that are numbered are the beginning of the Bible Record Table of content attached to report.
Genealogical Record Chairman Rhoda English Ladd
All books entitled Tioga County Pennsylvania Records with a subtitle.....
Total pages submitted.... 672
Early Deeds and Mortgages of Tioga County, Pennsylvania