Generation No. 1
1. WILLIAM1 MATCHEW was born October 15, 1836 in Prussia, and died July 11, 1893 in Elmira NY. He married MARY UNKNOWN in Germany. She was born September 09, 1837 in Prussia, and died July 22, 1909 in Elmira NY.
Children of WILLIAM MATCHEW and MARY UNKNOWN are:
3. ii. SUSAN MATHEW, b. October 1860, Prussia; d. Bef. 1970, Scranton, PA.
4. iii. STEVEN MATHEW, b. December 17, 1863, Prussia; d. December 08, 1943, Elmira NY.
5. iv. JOHN MATHEW, b. October 1867, New York; d. Aft. 1943, Still living at time of Stephen's death.
v. PETER MATHEW, b. February 1869, Elmira NY; m. KATIE UNKNOWN.
6. vi. MARY MATHEW, b. 1870, Elmira NY.
vii. ROSE MATHEW, b. 1872; d. Bet. 1880 - 1900.
viii. WILLIAM JR. MATHEW, b. 1874, Elmira NY; d. Aft. 1943, Still living at time of Stephen's death; m. HANNAH MATHEW SPOUSE UNKNOWN.
ix. CAROLINE MATHEW, b. November 1879, Elmira NY; d. October 09, 1941,
Elmira NY; m. GEORGE JONES.
2. NICHOLAS2 MATHEW (WILLIAM1 MATCHEW) was born December 1858 in Prussia, and died 1922. He married SAVILLA UNKNOWN. She was born December 1858 in Germany.
Child of NICHOLAS MATHEW and SAVILLA UNKNOWN is:
Children of SUSAN MATHEW and CHARLES KLOSS are:
ii. CARRIE KLOSS.
7. iii. CLARA KLOSS, b. June 1891, Scranton, PA; d. Bef. 2002, Scranton, PA.
iv. CAROLINE KLOSS, b. April 1893, Scranton, PA; d. Bef. 2000.
v. WILLIAM KLOSS, b. May 1895, Scranton, PA; d. Bef. 2002.
8. vi. ALBERT KLOSS, b. May 1897, Scranton, PA; d. Bef. 2002.
9. vii. ALFRED KLOSS, b. May 1897, Scranton, PA; d. Bef. 2002.
viii. CHILD OF CHARLES F. KLOSS, b. Unknown.
10. ix. SOPHIA KLOSS, b. May 16, 1872, Scranton, PA; d. May 30, 1942,
Children of STEVEN MATHEW and KATHERINE KLOSS are:
11. ii. LENA MARY MAGDELINA MATHEW, b. October 21, 1890, Elmira NY; d. December 07, 1976, Elmira NY.
12. iii. FRANCIS CLARA MATHEW, b. April 1892, Elmira NY; d. September 05, 1947, Elmira NY.
13. iv. FRIEDA CAROLINE MATHEW, b. October 07, 1893, Elmira NY; d. May 10, 1971.
14. v. JOSEPH S. MATHEW, b. August 13, 1895, Elmira NY; d. March 29, 1941, Elmira NY.
vi. CHARLES F. MATHEW, b. February 04, 1904, Elmira NY; d. April 10, 1979, Elmira NY.
15. vii. MARGARET CATHERINE MATHEW, b. January 08, 1907, Elmira NY.
Children of JOHN MATHEW and KATIE UNKNOWN are:
ii. IDA MATHEW, b. Aft. 1894; d. Bef. 2000.
iii. MARION MATHEW, b. Aft. 1894; d. Bef. 2000; m. MATHEW SPOUSE LUTZ.
iv. WILLIAM MATHEW, b. May 1895; d. Bef. 2000.
v. MATILDA MATHEW, b. September 1896, Elmira NY; d. Bef. 2002; m. MATHEW SPOUSE DART, Aft. 1911; b. Aft. 1886; d. Bef. 2000.
vi. JOHN JR. MATHEW, b. October 1898; d. Bef. 2002.
Child of MARY MATHEW and CHARLES STEVENS is:
7. CLARA3 KLOSS (SUSAN2 MATHEW, WILLIAM1 MATCHEW) was born June 1891 in Scranton, PA, and died Bef. 2002 in Scranton, PA. She married JOSEPH FRITZON. He was born 1892 in Germany, and died Bef. 1999 in Scranton, PA.
Children of CLARA KLOSS and JOSEPH FRITZON are:
ii. RITA FRITZON, b. 1919, Scranton, PA.
Children of ALBERT KLOSS are:
ii. IRENE KLOSS, b. October 1919, Scranton, PA.
Children of ALFRED KLOSS and CATHERINE CAVANAUGH are:
ii. EUGENE KLOSS.
iii. GERALD KLOSS.
17. iv. JAMES KLOSS, b. Scranton, PA.
v. CATHERINE KLOSS.
vi. JANET KLOSS.
Children of SOPHIA KLOSS and CHARLES SCHIEBER are:
ii. GRACE E. SCHIEBER, b. April 13, 1896, Scranton, PA; d. 1981, Scranton, PA.
iii. JOSEPH SCHIEBER, b. February 09, 1899, Scranton, PA; d. 1932, Scranton, PA.
iv. FRANCIS A. SCHIEBER, b. February 05, 1902, Scranton, PA; d. Abt. 1943, in WWII.
v. MARIA SCHIEBER, b. January 11, 1906, Scranton, PA; d. 1969, Scranton,
Children of LENA MATHEW and ARMIN SCHRAGE are:
ii. JOSEPH RUSSELL SCHRAGE, b. February 20, 1922, Elmira NY; d. August 11, 1944, Normandy.
19. iii. ARNOLD FRANCIS SCHRAGE, b. December 22, 1923, Elmira NY.
20. iv. BERNARD MATHEW SCHRAGE, b. August 03, 1925, Elmira NY.
21. v. MARGERET MARIA SCHRAGE, b. July 29, 1928, Elmira NY.
22. vi. GERALD STEVEN SCHRAGE, b. September 01, 1933, Elmira NY.
Children of FRANCIS MATHEW and CHARLES FAHS are:
24. ii. JOSEPH HAROLD FAHS, b. July 01, 1919, Elmira NY; d. September 30, 1991, Elmira NY.
25. iii. CHARLES EDWARD FAHS, b. 1921, Elmira, NY; d. Abt. 1992.
26. iv. MARY E. FAHS, b. February 02, 1929, Elmira NY.
Children of FRIEDA MATHEW and FREDERICK KAKRITZ are:
27. ii. DOROTHY MARY KAKRITZ, b. December 07, 1917, Dutch Hill, Seely Criek, Chemung Co., NY.
28. iii. BERNICE KAKRITZ, b. March 05, 1919.
29. iv. FLORENCE KAKRITZ, b. May 21, 1920, Arnot-Ogden Mem. Hospital, Elmira NY; d. August 14, 1991, Elmira NY.
v. ANNE KAKRITZ, b. January 06, 1924; m. ROBERT D. BRIGGS, Aft. 1939; b. Aft. 1914; d. February 08, 1989.
vi. CHARLES KAKRITZ, b. February 08, 1932, Elmira, NY; m. JOSIE ADELE
VECCHIO, July 09, 1966.
Children of JOSEPH MATHEW and JOHANNA FECHNER are:
31. ii. ROBERT MATHEW.
32. iii. FRANCIS J. MATHEW, b. November 21, 1925, Elmira NY; d. February
19, 1986, Elmira NY.
Children of MARGARET MATHEW and JOHN BURDICK are:
ii. WILLIAM BURDICK, b. Aft. 1922.
Child of CHARLES STEVENS and ARLETTA UNKNOWN is:
Subj: addition to family histories for your tri county site
Date: 8/13/2002 3:04:06 PM Eastern Daylight Time
From: firstname.lastname@example.org (Jennifer S.)
File: DescendantsofWilliamMatchewFortricountysite.doc (155136 bytes) DL Time (TCP/IP): < 1 minute
My name is Jennifer Catherine Dean Shelley, and I have been searching your site for some time now for any information on my ancestors. It is a wonderful site, and I am sure it has helped many people find additional information on their families. It does not seem to have much of anything on my particular family, however, and I would like to remedy that. I have attached a genealogy report for my family, and hope that you will post it to your site. It is several pages long, in Word format, so I understand if you choose to edit it, but I think you will see that the majority of those included are born in Elmira NY, and therefore should be included in your site.
My hope is to have this information posted to your site in order to make it accessible to others who may be searching the same line, of course, but also to add to the history of the area my family comes from. I will be sure to contact you once I have gathered additional historical facts on this family. Also, please feel free to include my email address along with this information, so that I can answer any queries directly.