J. Kelsey Jones, 2001 with updates
John Jones was baptized 22 Apr 1821 at Coedycymer, Vaynor Parish, County of Brecon, in the country of Wales the son of Evan Jones, a miner, and wife, Bridget. A search of the Vaynor parish records has failed to reveal a marriage for Evan and Bridget and her identity is unknown at present. John married 15 Dec 1845 at Bethesda Chapel, Merthyr Tydfil, in the Counties of Glamorgan and Brecon, Margaret Thomas b. Dec 1818 (1900 census enumeration) daughter of David Thomas. Both Evan Jones and David Thomas were deceased at the time of their children's marriage. John and Margaret both signed by mark (the term "by mark" indicating there was no written signature of their name). John was a coalminer and they were enumerated in 1851 at Merthyr Tydfil, Wales.
John Jones, head, married, age 30, miner, born Coedycymer, Breconshire Vaynor Parish
Margaret Jones, wife, married, age 33, ? Glamorgan Merthyr
Mary Ann Jones, dau, age 3, " "
Evan Jones, son, age 1, " "
Evan Jones, lodger, unmarried, age 20, miner, " "
David Jones, lodger, unmarried, age 17, miner, " "
Elisabeth Thomas, lodger, unmarried, age 20, " "
John and Margaret had a son, David, not in the above census, who was born after the census enumeration on 28 June 1853 Bryant's Field, Merthyr Tydfil Upper, in the counties of Glamorgan and Brecon, South Wales, son of John Jones, miner and Margaret Jones, formerly Thomas (birth record). Margaret was the informant in the registration and she signed by mark.
John and Margaret removed from the country of Wales to the United States of America, but at what date we cannot be certain. Roy Jones stated that his father, David Jones was eight years old when he came to America with his parents and they are also related to have made more than one passage. Roy Jones of Cleveland, Ohio has in his possession a trunk that was a wedding present from his paternal grandparents (David Jones and Catherine Elizabeth Pearson) to his parents. A very worn shipping label has the year 1864 on it and this was supposedly a trunk that came with the Jones family. The family voyage most likely included John, Margaret and children, Mary Ann, Evan, and David. Family tradition states Mary Ann did not survive the voyage but became ill and died at sea.
The naturalization records at Wellsboro, the county seat of Tioga County, Pennsylvania reveal ten men of the name John Jones who were naturalized, all born in Wales. One of these arrived in the 1830's and four in the 1840's. Of the others, the only possibility is a John F. Jones, age 55, born in Wales, arrived at New York in June 1871, settled in Hamilton, renounced the Queen of Great Britain, declaration made 9 July 1874. This record would place the birth of John Jones at about 1819. There are three naturalization records for the name David Jones, a possibility being David F. Jones, age 32, born in England, arrived at New York in June 1872, settled Morris Run, renounced the Queen of Great Britain, declaration made 3 June 1872. In this record the age is not in agreement with his birth or the location of his birth. There were naturalizations for two men of the name Evan Jones, but neither is in agreement with the birth of Evan Jones in 1850.
The Jones family has not been found in the 1870 census enumeration of Tioga County, Pennsylvania or the 1861 and 1871 census enumerations of the Merthyr Tydfil area of Wales. They are possibly the family enumerated in Hamilton Township, Tioga County in 1880 as:
John F. Jones, 59, married, miner, born Wales
Eallen Jones, 61, wife, married, born Wales
David F. Jones, 35, son, single, miner, born Wales
The John F. Jones and David F. Jones in the 1880 census enumeration would seemingly be the same John F. Jones and David F. Jones who arrived at New York in June 1871 or 1872. Morris Run was a mining town in Hamilton Township where the family settled. The ages are very close to the known dates of birth for John and Margaret, though Margaret was enumerated as Ellen. Census enumerations were often in error.
In the 1900 census enumeration, Margaret Jones was enumerated as having arrived in the United States in 1851 and had been living here for forty nine years. That date is not correct, since her son David was born in 1853 in Wales. In the same census enumeration she indicated she was the mother of four children, one living. The only child living in 1900 was son, David. Daughter, Mary Ann, as before stated, died at sea and Evan had died in 1889. The fourth child born to Margaret Jones is unknown, presumed to be a child who died in infancy or early childhood.
John and Margaret Jones did not remain in Fallbrook, Tioga County, but removed to Glen Richey, Lawrence Township, Clearfield County, Pennsylvania, a coalmining area in the state of Pennsylvania. Their son, Evan accompanied them, but son, David who had married, remained in Fallbrook. John E. Jones of Tioga County, Pennsylvania purchased property 5 Nov 1888 from R. Matilda Spackman and husband, Thomas Spackman of Lawrence Township, Clearfield County, Pennsylvania, lot number 44 in Lawrence Township of 28 perches for $25 (Liber 52:197). John E. Jones of Glen Richey, Clearfield County, Pennsylvania purchased additional property, 9 Apr 1889 from the Bloomington Coal and Coke Company, being a lot in the village of Glen Richey known as 30 Market Street, 60 feet wide and 120 feet deep, containing .165 of an acre for $58 (Liber 51:153).
John Jones died 13 Feb 1897 age 73 at Glen Richey (Clearfield County death record). His death record relates he was buried at Bloomington a town a few miles from Glen Richey. The Bloomington Cemetery records reveal no information that he was buried there and family members indicated that his body was returned to Tioga County, Pennsylvania and buried in the Arbon Cemetery at Blossburg beside his son, Evan.
Fall Brook, Feb. 17 - David Jones has been called to Glen Richey by the death of his father. The remains are to be brought here for burial (The Gazette, Wellsboro, Pennsylvania, Thursday, February 18, 1897).
The records of the Arbon Cemetery indicate that the Jones lot is a five grave lot and that there are five persons buried there including Evan Jones, David Jones, Catherine Jones, and Frank Jones. Since there were no other Jones deaths who could be buried there it is assumed the fifth interment was John Jones. A letter in August 1991 from Raymond Nybeck, the caretaker of the Arbon Cemetery, stated "I also used a devise that tells me how many people are buried in that lot, and it showed me that there are 5 people buried there." John's final resting place is not marked with an inscribed monument bearing his name. The cemetery map does contain the name of John E. Jones on the cemetery lot, he evidently purchasing the lot at the time of his son Evan’s death or sometime before that date with the intention of the family to be buried there. Since, son Evan was single, a five grave lot was perhaps purchased for John and Margaret, son Evan, and son David and his wife, Catherine.
Margaret Jones renounced her right to administer the estate of John E. Jones, deceased and late husband, appointing Joseph H. Rowles to administer said estate, 18 Oct 1897, signed Margrett E. Jones. On the 20 Oct 1897, Joseph H. Rowles posted administrator’s bond on the estate of John E. Jones, deceased. Inventory and appraisement dated 23 Oct 1897, Joseph H. Rowles finding no personal property belonging to the estate of John E. Jones, deceased.
Margaret Jones was enumerated in 1900 at Glen Richey, born December 1818, age 81, widowed, mother of four children, one child living, immigrated in 1851, 49 years in the United States. Her date of birth and age are in close agreement with her age on the 1851 census of Wales.
A. B. Weaver, treasurer of Clearfield County, conveyed a house and lot in Lawrence Township for unpaid taxes in years 1899 and 1900 of $5.62 for two years mentioned, owned and assessed in the name of John E. Jones, to E. Evans for $10.12, June 1902, recorded 1 Sept 1902. This was one of the two lots purchased by John E. Jones and was the lot at 30 Market Street as evidenced by the next deed. James P. Staver, sheriff of Clearfield County, conveyed lot 44 of 28 perches in Glen Richey, containing a two story frame dwelling 16' x 24' with a one story kitchen 14' x 20' for $50.00 to Eleazer Evans, 4 May 1906 after virtue of a Writ Fi Fa issued 30 Mar 1906 of the Court of Common Pleas number 54 at the suit of Eleazer Evans against Margaret Jones and David Jones, widow and surviving heir of John E. Jones, deceased. Signed 22 May 1906 and recorded 5 June 1906 (Liber 153:32).
Margaret Jones was living 30 Mar 1906, but no record of her death was recorded in the state of Pennsylvania. Family tradition as stated by her grandchildren is that she died in 1907 or 1908 at Glen Richey and was buried in the Thompson Cemetery at Glen Richey. The state of Pennsylvania, required by law, death certificates to be filed after 1906, but no record was filed for Margaret Jones. Death records were filed on a county level for several years before 1906, but a search of the Clearfield county death records reveal no record of death for Margaret Jones. Her grandchildren in earlier years visited her grave in the Thompson Cemetery at Glen Richey and stated that there was a marker inscribed "Jones" on her grave. This was also stated to the compiler of this sketch by his grandmother, Alice Mae Orton Jones, who also recalled visiting the cemetery. A visit to this cemetery in 1981 by Roy and Trellice Jones, Ralph Olson, John Jones Jr., and J. Kelsey Jones, revealed no marker in the vicinity of her burial. She was buried in the northeast corner lot of the cemetery. No burial records of the cemetery are known to exist. A cemetery map with names of lot owners does exist, but no lot is recorded for Margaret Jones. There was a large hedge surrounding the cemetery at an earlier date, which has since been removed, perhaps her marker being removed at that date.
The Clearfield newspapers that may have contained a death notice for Margaret do not exist for that time period and begin in 1913.
Children of John and Margaret Thomas Jones:
1. Mary Ann Jones b. c. 1847 Wales d. at sea enroute to America.
2. Evan Jones b. 4 Apr 1850 Wales removed with his parents to Clearfield County, Pennsylvania, d. 15 Feb 1889 O’Shanter, Clearfield County, Pennsylvania about two miles from Glen Richey, in a mine accident, single, buried Arbon Cemetery, Blossburg, Tioga County, Pennsylvania.
3. David Jones b. 28 June 1853 Merthyr Tydfil, Wales.
4. child d. young.
Evan Jones died O'Shanter, Clearfield Co., Pa. Funeral at Fall Brook last Sun., burial Blossburg, a former resident, left parents and one brother (The Mansfield Advertiser, Mansfield, Pennsylvania, February 20, 1889).
3. David Jones b. 28 June 1853 Merthyr Tydfil, Wales m. 17 September 1884 at Morris Run, Tioga County, Pennsylvania, Catherine Elizabeth Pearson b. 27 Oct 1864 Fallbrook, Tioga County, Pennsylvania daughter of William Pearson and Catherine Clark, who removed to Fallbrook from Bedlington, Northumberland County, England. David and Catherine resided at Fallbrook, where he was employed as a coal miner. Their residence was at 30 Canton Street. The town of Fallbrook was a booming coal town in eastern Tioga County. At its peak, Fallbrook contained hundreds of homes and all the necessity shops for daily living, the town entirely owned by a coal company, which was common. Because of coal being found in other regions of the state, strikes, and other incidents, the populous town of Fallbrook soon became a ghost town when the company closed and families removed elsewhere to seek employment. The Jones family removed in late 1899 or early in 1900 to neighboring Morris Run, another coal town in Tioga County. The family was enumerated in the 1900 census at 3 Haskens Street, Morris Run and were residing there in the 1908-9 Tioga County Directory. In the 1910 census enumeration they were residing at 23 Main Street. The entire family, except for eldest son John who had married, removed after Jan 1915 from Morris Run to Chickasaw, Armstrong County, Pennsylvania where David d. 23 Jan 1918 age 64 years. His body was returned to the Arbon Cemetery in Blossburg, Tioga County where he was buried in the family plot beside his father, brother, and son. Catherine was enumerated in Madison Township, Armstrong County, Pennsylvania in 1920, children William, Evan, Catherine, Alice, Beatrice and Benjamin residing with her. Catherine Jones resided with some of her children after her husband's death and d. 2 Sept 1940 at the home of her daughter, Alice Hawk in Summerville, Jefferson County, Pennsylvania. Catherine was buried with her husband in the Arbon Cemetery.
Catherine E. Jones, died Monday a.m., September 2, 1940, at the home of her daughter, Mrs. Delbert Hawk in Summerville, Pa. She was born in Fall Brook, Tioga, Pa., October 27, 1864. Aged 75 years, 10 months and 5 days. She was the daughter of William Pearson and Catherine Clark Pearson. Her husband was born in Wales and preceded her in death in 1918. Funeral services were held from the home of her daughter, Mrs. Delbert Hawk on Tuesday evening at 7 p. m. with her own pastor from the Templeton Presbyterian church, Rev. Kennedy in charge. She was taken Wednesday morning to Blossburg, Tioga County for burial in the Blossburg cemetery. She is survived by six sons and four daughters, namely: John Jones, Millerton, Pa.; David, Evan, and William Jones, New Castle, Pa.; Benny Jones, Mrs. Margaret Wickens, Indiana; Mrs. Fred Williams, Widnoon, Pa.; Mrs. N. O. Olson, Commodore, Pa.; Roy Jones and Mrs. Delbert Hawk of Summerville, Pa. Also 38 granchildren and one great grandchild (obituary).
5. John Jones b. 30 June 1885 30 Canton Street, Fallbrook.
6. William Jones b. 10 Jan 1887 30 Canton Street, Fallbrook.
7. Evan E. Jones b. 8 July 1889 30 Canton Street, Fallbrook.
8. Margaret Jones b. 28 May 1891 30 Canton Street, Fallbrook.
9. Francis Jones b. 11 Jul 1893 30 Canton Street, Fallbrook, d. 2 June 1897 Fallbrook, buried Arbon Cemetery.
10. David Jones b. 2 Oct 1895 30 Canton Street, Fallbrook.
11. Roy Jones b. 1 Dec 1897 30 Canton Street, Fallbrook.
12. Catherine Jones b. 28 Apr 1900 3 Haskens Street, Morris Run.
13. Alice Jones b. 22 July 1902 3 Hasken Street, Morris Run.
14. Beatrice Jones (twin) b. 7 May 1904 3 Haskens Street, Morris Run.
15. Benjamin Jones (twin) b. 7 May 1904 3 Haskens Street, Morris
5. John Jones b. 30 June 1885 was employed in the coal mines of Morris Run, Tioga County, Pennsylvania at an early age. Later, he was employed in the company store at Morris Run. John m. 24 Feb 1910 at Morris Run, Alice Mae Orton b. 21 May 1889 Morris Run daughter of Charles Orton and Emma Allsop who removed from Tamworth, County of Warwickshire (that portion that is now Staffordshire), England to Morris Run. John and Mae’ first residence was at 7 Water Street, Morris Run where son, David was born. They removed to another home in Morris Run where children, Emma and Cenis were born. The family removed from Morris Run to a farm on Parmenter Hill, Jackson Township, Tioga County, Pennsylvania, located between Daggett and Millerton, where John pursued dairying and agriculture. Children, Charles and Catherine were born at Parmenter Hill. His father died in 1918 at Chickasaw, Armstrong County, Pennsylvania and after his death the family removed to Chickasaw. They were there only a short time when they removed to another home in Chickasaw. They remained in Chickasaw for only a brief period when the family removed to Baty Street, Elmira, New York. They only resided there a short time when John again returned to agricultural pursuits and they removed to the Solomon French farm on the Judson Hill Road in Wells Township, Bradford County, Pennsylvania, located about one half mile south of Mosherville. From the French farm they removed further south on the Judson Hill Road to the William R. Cory farm and from there removed to the Hakes farm in central Wells Township on present Criss Road in the same township. Enumerated in Wells Township in 1920, farmer. Son, Raymond was born at the Hakes farm, 27 Aug 1920 and son, Roy was born there, 24 Feb 1922. From the Hakes farm the family removed to the Hendrick Brewer farm in northern Wells Township on present Farm View Road. Son, John Jr., was born there 2 Sept 1923 and son, Willard was born there 19 June 1925. Willard died 21 Jan 1926 on the Brewer farm of spinal meningitis, buried on the lot of his Orton grandparents in Arbon Cemetery, Blossburg, Pennsylvania, no marker. The family made their final move in March 1927 when they removed to the George O'Hanlon farm in northwestern Wells Township. The O'Hanlon farm consisted of 95 acres and was situated near the New York and Pennsylvania state line in the Seeley Creek Valley at the present junctions of routes 328 and 549. Enumerated in Wells in 1930, farmer. The O'Hanlon farm was purchased 8 Mar 1938. An adjoining ten acres was purchased 25 Sept 1938. John and Mae Jones continued to reside at their family home and farm in Wells Township the remainder of their lives. They were members of the Union Church at Mosherville. John was a fire warden and deputy game warden. He died at the family home 21 Feb 1969 aged 83 years and Mae died there 19 Apr 1978 aged 88 years, buried Woodlawn Cemetery, Elmira, New York.
John Jones Sr., age 83, of Jones Corners, Millerton, Pa., Friday, Feb.
21, 1969 at his home. Friends are invited to call at the Olthof Funeral
Home, Saturday 7 to 9 p.m. and Sunday 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. Funeral arrangements
are incomplete. Survived by wife, Mrs. May Orton Jones; daughters, Mrs.
Robert (Emma) Nash of Endicott, Mrs. Lester (Catherine) Genaway of Elmira;
sons, David of Delhi, N.Y., Cenis of Elmira, Charles and Roy, both of Millerton,
Raymond and John Jr. both of Pine City; sisters, Mrs. Nels (Catherine)
Olson of New Castle, Pa., Mrs. Hector (Alice) Hawk of Summerville, Pa.,
Mrs. Fred (Beatrice) Williams of Windnow, Pa.; brothers, Roy of Summerville,
Pa., Ben of Indiana, Pa., Evan of Windnow, Pa.; 15 grandchildren, seven
great grandchildren, several nieces and nephews. He was a member of the
Wells Union Church of Mosherville, Pa (Star-Gazette, Elmira, New York,
February 21, 1969).
Alice Mae Orton
Alice Mae Orton
16. David Jones b. 19 June 1910 7 Water Street, Morris Run.
17. Emma Jones b. 15 Sept 1911 Morris Run.
18. Cenis Jones b. 16 Apr 1913 Morris Run.
19. Charles Jones b. 2 Apr 1915 Jackson township.
20. Catherine Jones b. 22 Feb 1917 Jackson township.
21. Raymond Jones b. 27 Aug 1920 Wells township.
22. Roy Jones b. 24 Feb 1922 Wells township.
23. John Jones Jr., b. 2 Sept 1923 Wells township.
24. Willard Jones b. 29 June 1925 Wells township d. 21 Jan 1926 Wells township of spinal meningitis buried Arbon Cemetery, Blossburg, Pennsylvania on the lot of his Orton grandparents, no marker.
Willard, the infant son of Mr. and Mrs. John Jones of Mosherville, Pa., died this morning at 6:10 o'clock, aged eight months. The child is survived by the parents, and the following brothers and sisters: David, Emma, Cenis, Charles, Catherine, Raymond, Roy and John, jr.; the grandfather, Charles Orton of 713 Herrick street, Elmira. The funeral will be held at the family home Sunday at 2:30 p. m. Burial in the Blossburg, Pa., cemetery (Elmira, New York newspaper obituary).
Emma Orton, sister of Mae, with David Jones, Emma Jones, Cenis Jones, Charles Jones
6. William Jones b. 10 Jan 1887 m. 2 July 1914 (Elmira City marriage record) at Elmira, New York, Lulu L. Lanterman, age 20, both residents of Elmira, b. Covington, Tioga County, Pennsylvania daughter of Frank E. Lanterman and Hattie W. Clark. Lulu was enumerated as married and living with her parents in Elmira, New York in 1920, dressmaker. William was residing with his mother in Madison Township, Armstrong County, Pennsylvania in 1920, miner. William had a second wife, Chila and a third wife, Melcina. William d. Mar 1944 New Castle, Pennsylvania buried Widnoon, Pennsylvania.
7. Evan E. Jones b. 8 July 1889 m. 17 Mar 1919/20 at Kittanning, Pennsylvania, Erva Bell Williams b. 18 Apr 1902. Resided Widnoon, Pennsylvania. Evan d. 7 Feb 1975 and Erva d. 1/2 Oct 1988 buried Widnoon.
25. Roderick Brody Jones b. 30 Oct 1920 Chickasaw, Armstrong County, Pennsylvania.
26. Colbert Alfred Jones b. 21 Nov 1924 Chickasaw.
27. Laura Bell Jones b. 21 Dec 1928 Chickasaw.
8. Margaret Jones b. 28 May 1891 m. 17 Sept 1912 at Rochester, New York, Jesse Monnoch Wickens b. 5 Jan 1889 Alexander, New York son of John Leonard Wickens and Catherine Myers. Enumerated 694 Meigs Street, Rochester, New York in 1920, metal polisher in factory. Margaret and her children were enumerated in Indiana, Indiana County, Pennsylvania in 1930, enumerated as a widow and restaurant cook. Jesse d. 30 Mar 1959 buried Mt Pleasant Cemetery, Batavia, New York. Margaret d. 30 Dec 1963 buried Hillcrest Memorial Park, Hermitage, Pennsylvania.
28. Catherine Elizabeth Wickens b. 9 Aug 1913 Morris Run, Tioga County, Pennsylvania.
29. John Evan Wickens b. 22 May 1915 Rochester, New York.
30. Teresa Margaret Wickens b. 30 May 1921 Rochester, New York.
31. Matie Jane Wickens b. 18 Mar 1923 Macedon, New York.
10. David Jones b. 2 Oct 1895 m. 29 Oct 1917 Inez L. Collingwood b. 12 Aug 1898. Enumerated in Madison Township, Armstrong County, Pennsylvania in 1920, coal miner and enumerated in East Franklin, Armstrong County, Pennsylvania in 1930, coal miner. David d. 19 Mar 1952 and Inez d. 15 Aug 1976 buried Widnoon, Pennsylvania.
32. Evan Byron Jones b. 1 Dec 1919.
33. Elizabeth Catherine Jones b. 12 Nov 1925 d. 10 Apr 1943.
34. Mary Ann Jones b. 21 Apr 1932.
11. Roy Jones b. 1 Dec 1897 m. 31 Mar 1917 at Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, Trellice Ophelia Craig b. 10 Aug 1898 Furnace Run, Armstrong County, Pennsylvania. Enumerated in Limestone, Clarion County, Pennsylvania in 1930, coal miner, residing on Sutton Road and enumerated next to Roy’s sister Beatrice and family. Resided Summerville, Pennsylvania. Roy d. 2 Sept 1989 and Trellice d. Apr 1992. Adopted her sister’s son Harry Glenn Hines b. 22 Mar 1922 Widnoon, Pennsylvania whose name became Jones.
12. Catherine Jones b. 28 Apr 1900 m. 5 June 1926 at Indiana, Pennsylvania, Nels Olaf Olson b. 10 Mar 1903 Goteberg, Sweden. Enumerated in Center Township, Indiana County, Pennsylvania in 1930, store manager. Nels d. 2 July 1973 New Castle, Pennsylvania and Catherine d. 24 June 1983 New Castle, buried Graceland Cemetery, New Castle.
36. Lois Olson b. 31 Oct 1927 Waterman, Indiana County, Pennsylvania.
37. Marie Olson b. 6 June 1930 Waterman.
38. Ola Joan Olson b. 24 Aug 1933 Waterman.
39. Nels Olaf Olson Jr., b. 6 Jan 1935 Indiana, Pennsylvania.
13. Alice Jones b. 22 July 1902 m. 4 June 1924 at Episcopal Church, Kittanning, Pennsylvania, Delbert Duncan Hawk b. 9 Sept 1899 Tidal, Armstrong County, Pennsylvania son of Edwin Oscar Hawk and Violet Nancy Duncan. Enumerated in Limestone, Clarion County, Pennsylvania in 1930, coal miner, residing on Sutton Road next to Alice’s brother Roy Jones and family. Delbert d. 4 Apr 1970 Summerville, Pennsylvania and Alice d. June 1992 Summerville buried Westview Cemetery, Summerville.
40. son d. at birth buried Widnoon, Pennsylvania.
41. Delbert Duncan Hawk Jr., b. 23 June 1929.
42. Edwin Oscar Hawk b. 29 Feb 1932 Sutton, Pennsylvania.
43. Norma Gail Hawk b. 30 Jan 1937 Summerville, Pennsylvania.
14. Beatrice Jones b. 7 May 1904 m. 1923 Fred C. Williams b. 6 Oct 1904 son of Lott and Rose Jones. Enumerated in Madison Township, Armstrong County, Pennsylvania in 1930, coal miner, residing on Widnoon and Mahoning Road. Fred d. 14 Apr 1982 buried Methodist Cemetery, Widnoon, Pennsylvania. Beatrice resided Summerville, Pennsylvania after his death d. 15/16 Aug 1992.
44. Eleanor Vivian Williams b. 15 Aug 1924 Chickasaw, Armstrong County, Pennsylvania.
45. Rita Leah Williams b. 13 Feb 1926 Chickasaw.
46. Lott Culberson Williams b. 22 Aug 1927 Chickasaw.
47. Margaret Ileen Williams b. 2 June 1929 Chickasaw.
15. Benjamin Jones b. 7 May 1904 m. 20 Dec 1924 at Kittanning, Pennsylvania, Edna Belle Hawk b. 9 Dec 1906 Widnoon, Pennsylvania daughter of Edwin Oscar Hawk and Violet Nancy Duncan. Ben and Edna resided at Chickasaw, Armstrong County, Pennsylvania where three children were born and then removed 1 Oct 1928 to Furnace Run, East Franklin Township, Armstrong County, Pennsylvania where they were enumerated in 1930, coal miner. In May 1933 they removed to Luciusboro, Indiana County, Pennsylvania; 1936 to Railroad Avenue, Homer City, Indiana County, Pennsylvania; Feb 1938 to a residence known as the "Caldwell House" in Upper Homer City; Oct 1938 to "House 80" at Lucerne Mines, Indiana County, Pennsylvania; 1 Oct 1943 to a farm with eleven acres near Lucerne Mines in White Township, Indiana County, Pennsylvania. In May 1966 they removed to the Brady Trailer Park at Indiana, Pennsylvania and in 1969 to Twilight Trailer Park in Lawrence County, Pennsylvania. In 1972 they removed to Homer City, Pennsylvania and 8 Oct 1977 to High Hill Road, Pulaski, Pennsylvania. Ben d. 30 May 1986 Youngstown, Ohio and Edna d. 23 June 1997 Youngstown, Ohio buried Greenwood Cemetery, Indiana, Pennsylvania.
48. Wendell Devere Jones b. 7 June 1925 Chickasaw.
49. Laverna Jean Jones b. 7 July 1926 Chickasaw.
50. Glenavee Luwaine Jones b. 13 Oct 1927 Chickasaw.
51. Benjamin David Jones b. 18 July 1929 Furnace Run.
52. Gilbert Lodge Jones b. 18 May 1931 Furnace Run.
53. Barbara Anne Jones b. 18 Oct 1932 Furnace Run.
54. Roy Rogers Jones b. 18 Oct 1935 Luciusboro.
55. Robert Galen Jones b. 12 Nov 1937 Homer City.
56. Larry Jack Jones b. 28 Jan 1942 Lucerne Mines.
57. Terry Dale Jones b. 18 Mar 1943 Lucerne Mines.
58. William Duane Jones b. 7 Aug 1945 White township.
59. Cynthia Carolyn Jones b. 18 Aug 1948 White township.
60. Vernon J. Lewis Jones b. 8 Dec 1949 White township.
16. David Jones b. 19 June 1910 m. 26 Oct 1933 at Elmwood Baptist Church, Elmira Heights, New York, Elsie Beatrice Roe b. 9 Jan 1915 Lydonville, New York daughter of Gould Corwin Roe and Carrie Mae Beuter. Reside Delhi, Delaware County, New York. David d. 18 June 2004.
61. Beverly Joan Jones b. 12 Aug 1936 Arnot Ogden Hospital, Elmira, New York.
62. David William Jones b. 3 Sept 1945 Wilkes Barre Homeopathic Hosptial, Wilkes Barre, Pennsylvania.
17. Emma Jones b. 15 Sept 1911 m. 17 Sept 1939 Robert H. Nash b. 1 Oct 1905 Ireland. Resided Main Street, town of Union, Broome County, New York and after retirement removed to 5306 Southeast 106th Lane, Belleview, Florida. Robert d. 24 Apr 1992 at their home in Belleview and Emma d. 25 Apr 1997 at a Hospice Residence, Ocala, Florida buried Riverhurst Cemetery, Endwell, New York.
63. Robert John Nash b. 18 Feb 1942.
64. Patricia Mae Nash b. 14 June 1944.
18. Cenis Jones b. 16 Apr 1913 m. 12 Oct 1940 Lola Brewster b. 26 June 1920 Mansfield, Tioga County, Pennsylvania daughter of Luther Brewster and Verna Estep. Resided Millerton, Pennsylvania after marriage and then removed to Elmira, New York. Cenis employed by American Bridge Works, Elmira Heights, New York. After retirement removed to 999 Personius Road, Pine City, New York. Lola d. 2 Mar 2001 Arnot Ogden Medical Center, Elmira, New York and Cenis d. 31 Jan 2003 Arnot Ogden Medical Center buried Woodlawn Cemetery, Elmira, New York.
Age 89, passed away on Friday, January 31, 2003 at Arnot Ogden Medical Center, Elmira. He was born April 16, 1913 in Morris Run, PA the son of the late John & Alice Mae (Orton) Jones, Sr. Cenis was predeceased by his loving wife of 61 years, Lola B. Jones, on March 2, 2001. He was also predeceased by 2 brothers; Willard Jones and Roy Jones, and 1 sister; Emma Nash. Cenis is survived by his son; Alvin & Janice Jones of York, PA, daughter; Ardys & Michael Ross of Pine City, NY, grandchildren; Jeffrey Jones, Brandon (Tracy) Jones all of York, PA, Michael (Angela) Ross of Elmira, NY, Mark (Denise) Ross of Elmira, NY, Matthew Ross of Plattsburgh, NY, great grandchildren; Ashley Ross, Carly Ross and Jacob Ross, brothers; David (Elsie) Jones of Delhi, NY, Charles Jones of Millerton, PA, Raymond (Julie) Jones of Pine City, NY, John (Marilyn) Jones, Jr. of Millerton, PA, sister; Catherine (Lester) Genaway of Elmira, NY, several nieces and nephews. Cenis retired from American Bridge Works with over 40 years of dedicated service. Family and friends are invited to call at Olthof Funeral Home, Inc., 1050 Pennsylvania Ave. Elmira, NY on Sunday, February 2, 2003 from 6:00 to 8:00 PM with funeral and committal there at 8:00 PM. The Reverend Howard L. Hunt will officiate. Interment will be in Woodlawn Cemetery at the convenience of the family. In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to American Red Cross, 462 W. Church Street, Elmira, NY 14901 or Southern Tier Hospice, 11751 E. Corning Road, Corning, NY 14830. Those wishing may leave a "Candle of Remembrance" for Cenis’ family at (obituary).
65. Alvin Brewster Jones b. 30 Mar 1942 Arnot Ogden Hospital, Elmira, New York.
66. Ardys Kay Jones b. 1 Oct 1948 Arnot Ogden Hospital, Elmira, New York.
19. Charles Jones b. 2 Apr 1915 m. 21 June 1940 at Elmira, New York, Mary Elizabeth Easson b. 19 May 1922 daughter of Eric and Carrie Easson. Resided Millerton, Pennsylvania after marriage and then built a home on his parent's farm in Wells Township, Bradford County, Pennsylvania, post office address Millerton. Charles was employed by F M Howell & Company, Elmira, New York. Mary d. 25 Jan 2003 Arnot Ogden Medical Center, Elmira, New York and Charles d. 1 Oct 2005 Arnot Ogden Medical Center buried Jobs Corners Cemetery, Jobs Corners, Jackson Township, Tioga County, Pennsylvania.
Mary E. Jones
Age 80 of Millerton, PA passed away on Saturday, January 25, 2003 at the Arnot Ogden Medical Center after an extended illness, surrounded by her loving family. She was born May 19, 1922 in Elmira, NY, the daughter of the late Eric and Carrie Easson. Mary was preceded in death by her granddaughter, Carrie Alica Corwin; sisters, Carrie Easson, Carlyn Harris, Ann Herbert, Barbara Comfort, and Jane Liddy; brother, Eric Easson. She is survived by her loving husband of 62 years, Charles Jones; beloved daughters and sons-in-law, Margaret and Charles Hastings of Wilkes-Barre, PA and Clearwater, FL; Mary Beth and Mark Corwin of Endicott, NY; grandchildren, Charles (Lois) Rupar; Lori (Andrew) Kratz; Jason, Nate and Sara Mae Corwin; great grandchildren, Chad, Blake and Abby Rupar; Christina Kratz; sister, Ruth (George) Huyler of East Syracuse, NY; brother, Edward Easson of Elmira, NY; along with several nieces and nephews. Mary was a wonderful homemaker, and was noted for her famous potato and macaroni salads. Picnics will never be the same again without her famous salads. Family and friends are invited to call at the Olthof Funeral Home, Inc., 1050 Pennsylvania Ave., Elmira, NY on Tuesday, January 28, 2003 from 5 to 7 PM. Funeral Services will be held there at the conclusion of calling hours (7 PM). The Reverend Howard L. Hunt will officiate. Interment will take place at the Jobs Corners Cemetery, Jobs Corners, PA at the convenience of the family. In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be directed to the American Lung Association, 1595 Elmwood Ave., Rochester, NY 14620 or to the Millerton Volunteer Fire Department, RR #1 Box 4-A, Millerton, PA 16936. A "Candle of Remembrance" may be left for the family at www.olthof.com. The Jones family would like to express their sincere thanks and gratitude to the Arnot Ogden Medical Center nursing staff of 4-D and the Respiratory Therapy Department for the special care given to Mary during her stay at the hospital.
Age 90, went home to be with his Lord on Saturday, October 1, 2005 at the Arnot Ogden Medical Center. He was born April 2, 1915 in Millerton, PA, the son of the late John and Alice (Orton) Jones Sr. Charles was predeceased by his wife of 62 years, Mary; granddaughter, Carrie Alicia Corwin; 3 brothers, David, Cenis, and Roy; and sister, Emma. He is survived by his loving daughters and sons-in-law, Margaret and Charles Hastings of Clearwater, FL; Mary Beth and Mark Corwin of Endicott, NY; five grandchildren, Charles R. (Lois) Rupar formerly of Mansfield, PA, currently of Cape Coral, FL; Lori (Andrew) Kratz of Wilkes-Barre, PA; Jason Corwin of Wallingford, CT; Nathan and Sara Mae Corwin, both of Endicott, NY; great grandchildren, Chad, Blake, and Abby Rupar of Cape Coral, FL; Christina Kratz of Wilkes-Barre, PA; brothers, Raymond (Julia) Jones and John (Marilyn) Jones, Jr.; and sister, Catherine (Lester) Genaway. Charles was a World War II veteran of the US Army, serving in Germany and Italy during the European Theatre with the 42nd Rainbow Battalion. He was a 27-year employee with NJ Thompsons’ and a 20-year employee of F. M. Howell. He built his home by hand with help from his family and was an avid gardener. He was a major contributor and supervisor of all family projects. He checked the engine and kicked the tires of all the extended family’s vehicles. He was a man of high standing, good quality, and had the finest of judgment at all times. Family and friends are invited to call at the Olthof Funeral Home, Inc., 1050 Pennsylvania Ave., Elmira, NY on Tuesday, October 4, 2005 from 6 to 8 PM. Funeral Services will be held there following the visitation at 8:00 PM. John P. Knapp will officiate the services honoring Charles’s life and celebrating his memory. Interment will take place on Wednesday, at 10:00 AM in Jobs Corners Cemetery, Jobs Corners, PA. In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be directed to the Millerton Volunteer Fire Department, RR # 1 Box 4-A, Millerton, PA 16936. The Jones family would like to express their sincere thanks and gratitude to Dr. Chrzanowski at the Elmira VA and Dr. Mauri of Elmira for the special care given to their father for all these years. A ‘Candle of Remembrance’ may be left for the family in obituaries at www.olthof.com.
67. Margaret Mae Jones b. 17 Oct 1941 St Joseph's Hospital, Elmira, New York.
68. Mary Beth Jones b. 7 July 1954.
20. Catherine Jones b. 22 Feb 1917 m. 30 June 1956 Lester Genaway b. 30 Nov 1919. Reside 757 Chester Street, Elmira, New York. Catherine d. 23 May 2006 St. Joseph’s Hospital, Elmira, New York, buried Woodlawn Cemetery, Elmira.
21. Raymond Jones b. 27 Aug 1920 m. 26 May 1951 at Pine City, New York, Julia Zahorian b. 29 July 1926. Reside 1842 Pennsylvania Avenue, town of Southport, Chemung County, New York, post office address Pine City. Raymond was employed by American LaFrance, Elmira, New York. Raymond d. 7 Nov 2008 Arnot Ogden Hospital, Elmira, New York.
Age 88, of Pine City, NY, placed in the hands of our Lord on Friday, November 7, 2008, at Arnot Ogden Medical Center surrounded by his loving family. Raymond is survived by his wife of 57 years, Julia Zahorian Jones; daughters, Brenda Cuer and Bonita (Daniel) Collins; grandchildren, Amanda Cuer, Christopher, Kevin, and Meghan Collins; brother, John (Marilyn) Jones Jr. Also survived by sister-in-law, Veronica Gernert; several nieces and nephews, he is predeceased by parents, John and Alice Mae (Orton) Jones; brothers, David, Cenis, Charles, Roy, and Willard Jones; sisters, Emma Nash, and Catherine Genaway. Raymond was a graduate of Millerton High School, Millerton PA, served in the United States Army during World War II, and married the love of his life, Julia, on May 26, 1951. Raymond retired from American LaFrance after 42 years of service. In his retirement, his passion was his family, farming and his gardening. Family and friends are invited to call at Olthof Funeral Home, Inc., 1050 Pennsylvania Avenue, Southport/Elmira on Sunday, November 9, 2008, from 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. with Funeral and Committal Service there Monday at 11:00 a.m. Interment will take place in Fitzsimmons Cemetery, Southport at the convenience of the family. Those wishing to may make memorials to the Mosherville Bible Church, Mosherville, PA in Raymonds memory. A "Candle of Remembrance" may be left for the family in Obituaries at www.olthof.com.
69. Brenda Rae Jones b. 17 Sept 1958 Arnot Ogden Hospital, Elmira, New York.
70. Bonita Mae Jones b. 11 June 1961 Arnot Ogden Hospital, Elmira, New York.
22. Roy Jones b. 24 Feb 1922 m. 7 Apr 1951 at Centenary Methodist, Church, Elmira, New York, Margaret Elizabeth Aumick b. 6 Feb 1929 daughter of Merrill H. Aumick and wife Charlotte. Resided 729 Pennsylvania Avenue, Elmira, New York after marriage and then built a home on a farm adjoining his parents in Wells Township, Bradford County, Pennsylvania, post office address Millerton. Roy was employed by American LaFrance, Elmira, New York. Betty d. 8 Dec 1995 at home in Wells Township and Roy d. 9 June 1998 Arnot Ogden Medical Center, Elmira, New York, buried Jobs Corners Cemetery, Jobs Corners, Jackson Township, Tioga County, Pennsylvania.
71. Deborah Lynn Jones b. 20 Jan 1952 Arnot Ogden Hospital, Elmira, New York.
72. Roy Jeffrey Jones b. 18 Jan 1954 Arnot Ogden Hospital, Elmira, New York.
73. Alan Lindsley Jones b. 26 Jan 1960 Arnot Ogden Hospital, Elmira, New York.
23. John Jones Jr., 2 Sept 1923 m. 12 Dec 1948 at Roseville, Rutland Township, Tioga County, Pennsylvania, Marilyn Laurene Noble b. 25 Jan 1927 Wells Township, Bradford County, Pennsylvania daughter of Glenn Corey Noble and Berdena Mae Kilgore. Dairy farmer on the farm settled by his parents, residing with his parents for three years after marriage. Removed to a two family home nearby owned by brother, Roy in which brother, Raymond and wife Julia also lived. They built a home on the farm in 1956. Constructed and opened a car wash on the farm in 1969. Retired from farming in 1982.
John Jones, Jr. and Marilyn Laurene Noble
74. John Keavin Jones b. 22 Nov 1952 Troy Community Hospital, Troy, Pennsylvania.
75. Jan Kelsey Jones b. 11 Nov 1958 Troy Community Hospital, Troy, Pennsylvania.
25. Roderick Brody Jones b. 30 Oct 1920 m. 21 May 1951 at Widnoon, Pennsylvania, Wanda Lorraine Reedy. Reside Clarion, Pennsylvania.
76. Roderick James Jones b. 29 Apr 1952 Rimersburg, Pennsylvania.
77. Dennis Roy Jones b. 29 Mar 1955 Butler, Pennsylvania.
78. Daniel Clark Jones b. 21 Nov 1957 Butler, Pennsylvania.
79. Nancy Lee Jones b. 5 June 1959 Butler, Pennsylvania.
26. Colbert Alfred Jones b. 21 Nov 1924 m. 3 Apr 1947 Althea Grace Jones. Colbert d. Apr 2004.
80. Colbert Evan Jones b. 19 Nov 1948 Templeton, Pennsylvania.
81. Garry Lee Jones b. 21 Sept 1950 Templeton, Pennsylvania.
82. Lewis Edwin Jones b. 2 Nov 1952 Templeton, Pennsylvania.
83. Nathan Wayne Jones b. 19 Nov 1954 Templeton, Pennsylvania.
84. Mark Alfred Jones b. 24 Nov 1962 Clarion, Pennsylvania.
85. Wendell Karl Jones b. 11 Feb 1964 Clarion, Pennsylvania.
27. Laura Bell Jones b. 21 Dec 1928 m. 2 Sept 1949 at Widnoon, Pennsylvania, James F. Colwell. Resided Annapolis, Maryland. Laura d. Oct 1995.
86. Linda Jane Colwell b. 30 May 1950 Templeton, Pennsylvania.
87. James David Colwell b. 30 Aug 1953 Templeton, Pennsylvania.
88. Martha Louise Colwell b. 7 Nov 1957 Clarion, Pennsylvania.
89. Loretta Lynn Colwell b. 16 Mar 1964 Clarion, Pennsylvania.
28. Catherine Elizabeth Wickens b. 9 Aug 1913 m. 13 Dec 1941 at Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania, Ralph B. Olson. Resided Brookville, Pennsylvania. Catherine d. 29 Jan 1987.
90. Gary Lynn Olson b. 17 May 1943 Indiana, Pennsylvania.
91. Randle Carl Olson b. 29 Oct 1948 Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
29. John Evan Wickens b. 22 May 1915 m. 30 June 1941 Mildred Jesse Orr. John d. 22 Feb 1973.
92. Jacqueline Sue Wickens b. 6 Nov 1953 (adopted).
93. John Evan Wickens Jr., b. 17 Mar 1957 (adopted).
30. Teresa Margaret Wickens b. 30 May 1921 m. 10 Oct 1942 at Indiana, Pennsylvania, Howard Edwin Brown. Reside 513 Baldwin, Sharon, Pennsylvania.
94. Lorna LaVaughn Brown b. 12 July 1949 Sharon, Pennsylvania.
95. Margaret Lou Brown b. 9 Feb 1957 Sharon, Pennsylvania.
31. Matie Jane Wickens b. 18 Mar 1923 m. 3 Oct 1942 Ronald Bouch.
96. James Ronald Bouch b. 15 Oct 1946 Indiana, Pennsylvania.
97. Wickens Jon Bouch b. 9 Dec 1948 Dayton, Ohio.
32. Evan Byron Jones b. 1 Dec 1919 m. 19 May 1941 Hazel Hawes. Evan d. 26 Sept 1965.
98. David Evan Jones b. 15 Aug 1943.
99. Charles Alan Jones b. 8 Dec 1948.
34. Mary Ann Jones b. 21 Apr 1932 m. 6 Dec 1952 William Louis Klee, Jr. Reside 3 Randall Drive, New Castle, Pennsylvania.
100. Robert Douglas Klee (twin) b. and d. 29 June 1955.
101. William Louis Klee III (twin) b. 29 June 1955.
102. Susan Elizabeth Klee b. 21 Apr 1957.
36. Lois Olson b. 31 Oct 1927 m. 9 Aug 1947 at New Castle, Pennsylvania, Merle G. Holt. Reside Walnut Creek, California.
103. Deborah Olson Holt b. 7 Mar 1952.
104. Jeffrey Olson Holt b. 30 Aug 1954.
37. Marie Olson b. 6 June 1930 m. 10 Oct 1953 Charles W. Nicholas, Jr., b. 23 Apr 1931 Resided 115 Oak Hills Manor, Butler, Pennsylvania. Charles d. Apr 1990.
105. Rebecca Olson b. 19 Jan 1955 Valdosta, Georgia.
106. Susan Marie Olson b. May 1956 Valdosta, Georgia.
107. Thomas Charles Olson b. 14 Apr 1961 Butler, Pennsylvania.
38. Ola Joan Olson b. 24 Aug 1933 m. 13 Dec 1958 at New Castle, Pennsylvania, Robert E. Root. Reside Cinncinnati, Ohio.
108. Robin Root b. 21 Jan 1961.
109. Robert E. Root, Jr., b. 28 Apr 1963.
110. April Root b. 22 Aug 1964.
39. Nels Olaf Olson, Jr., b. 6 Jan 1935 m. 1 Oct 1960 at Indiana, Pennsylvania, Phyllis Gray.
111. Nels Olaf Olson III b. 28 Aug 1971 Torrington, Connecticut.
41. Delbert Duncan Hawk, Jr., b. 23 June 1929 m. 26 Nov 1953 Lois Delores Morres b. 27 Oct 1933.
112. Jeralyn Darcel Hawk b. 16 Dec 1954.
113. Jennifer Ann Hawk b. 26 Jan 1956.
114. Jeffrey Charles Hawk b. 21 Nov 1957.
115. Jon Duncan Hawk b. 24 Apr 1960.
42. Edwin Oscar Hawk b. 29 Feb 1932 m. 29 Feb 1956 at Presbyterian Church, Brookville, Pennsylvania, Joan Kunselman Hughey b. 10 Aug 1934 Brookville, Pennsylvania. A son, Harry Russell Hughey by her first marriage, whose father d. in drilling rig accident. Reside 5267 Tamarack Drive, Sharpsville, Pennsylvania.
116. Harry Russell Hughey Hawk b. 6 Feb 1954 Brookville Hospital, Brookville, Pennsylvania.
117. Patricia Joan Hawk b. 4 Jan 1957 Sharon General Hospital, Sharon, Pennsylvania.
118. Edwin Allen Hawk b. 16 May 1962 Sharon General Hospital, Sharon, Pennsylvania.
43. Norma Gail Hawk b. 30 Jan 1937 m. 26 Sept 1954 Leon Charles Smith b. 15 Nov 1934.
119. Charles Leon Smith b. 4 Apr 1955 Brookville Hospital, Brookville, Pennsylvania.
120. Cathy Doreen Smith b. 15 June 1957 Brookville Hospital, Brookville, Pennsylvania.
121. Clifford Monroe Smith b. 28 Aug 1959.
122. Carrie B. Smith b. 27 Mar 1969.
44. Eleanor Vivian Williams b. 15 Aug 1924 m. Samuel Schawl. Samuel is deceased and Eleanor resides Rochester, New York.
123. Patty Schawl.
124. Bonnie Schawl.
125. Beatrice Schawl.
126. Samuel Schawl.
45. Rita Leah Williams b. 13 Feb 1926 m. 2 July 1946 at Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, Robert Hufnagle b. 11 Oct 1924. Resided Rexford, Pennsylvania. Robert d. 3 Nov 1995.
47. Margaret Ileen Williams b. 2 June 1929 m. William Simpson and she d. Apr 1998.
48. Wendell Devere Jones b. 7 June 1925 m. 23 Aug 1952 Betty Ann Lindstrom b. 5 Apr 1930.
127. Wendy Louise Jones b. 21 July 1953.
128. Lucile Ann Jones b. 17 May 1956.
49. Laverna Jean Jones b. 7 July 1926 m. 31 Oct 1947 James Robert Reid b. 28 May 1925.
129. Edith Ann Reid b. 26 Aug 1948.
130. James Robert Reid, Jr., b. 6 May 1950.
131. Edna Louise Reid b. 27 Oct 1953.
132. Lori Jean Reid b. 21 July 1961.
50. Glenavee Luwaine Jones b. 13 Oct 1927 m. 12 Mar 1949 Leroy George Jones b. 14 Aug 1926.
133. Catherine Eileen Jones b. 31 Aug 1949.
134. Sylvia Lynn Jones b. 15 Aug 1951 d. 17 Mar 1954.
135. Joyce Elaine Jones b. 11 June 1954.
136. Sally Jo Jones b. 28 Nov 1862.
137. Kimberley Ann Jones b. 16 Jan 1965.
51. Benjamin David Jones b. 18 July 1929 m. 15 Dec 1950 Norma Jean Grove b. 20 Feb 1930. Resided Mentor, Ohio; removed to Chardon, Ohio.
138. Deborah Jean Jones b. 21 Dec 1952.
139. Benjamin Howard Jones b. 10 Apr 1954.
140. Mark Alan Jones b. 16 Aug 1955.
141. Robin Rae Jones b. 19 Mar 1961.
52. Gilbert Lodge Jones b. 18 May 1931 m. 5 July 1958 Janet Fay Wells b. 15 May 1938.
142. Randy Eugene Jones b. 6 Mar 1959.
143. Jeffrey Wade Jones b. 11 Sept 1961.
144. Stacy Gilbert Jones b. 10 Sept 1964.
53. Barbara Anne Jones b. 18 Oct 1932 m. 11 Oct 1952 at Homer City, Pennsylvania, Thomas Kirk Tuck b. 30 Oct 1931 Homer City. Resided almost twenty one years at 9634 Commodore Drive, Seminole, Florida and in 1986 removed to 7921 Ivywood Road, Largo, Florida.
145. Pamela Anne Tuck b. 10 July 1953 Homer City, Pennsylvania.
146. Leslie Adele Tuck b. 21 Oct 1957 Akron, Ohio.
147. Thomas Kirk Tuck, Jr., b. 15 Feb 1962 Akron, Ohio.
54. Roy Rogers Jones b. 18 Oct 1935 m. 28 Sept 1957 JoAnn Arbutus Cipollini b. 19 Feb 1936.
148. Timothy Alan Jones b. 2 Aug 1958 d. 24 July 1971.
149. Spencer Eric Jones b. 10 July 1968 adopted May 1972.
150. Katrina Jo Jones b. 1 Mar 1970 adopted May 1972.
55. Robert Galen Jones b. 12 Nov 1937 m. 22 Aug 1958 Elaine Louise Capitosti b. 16 Mar 1938. Robert d. 31 Dec 1991 buried near Youngstown, Ohio.
151. Robert Mark Jones b. 25 Feb 1960.
152. Richard Wayne Jones b. 25 Feb 1963.
153. Scott Alan Jones b. 5 Jan 1965.
154. Gary Lee Jones b. 27 Feb 1972.
56. Larry Jack Jones b. 28 Jan 1942 m. 24 May 1963 Phyllis Lucile Stonebreaker b. 3 Aug 1940. Divorced, Apr 1978. Larry m. 26 Aug 1979 Deborah Morgan b. 17 Aug 1950. Deborah had children, Rhonda Morgan b. 29 Apr 1973 and Andy Morgan b. 8 Mar 1976 by previous marriage.
Children of Larry and Phyllis:
155. Michael Larry Jones b. 22 May 1964.
156. Shelly Leigh Jones b. 17 Sept 1965.
157. Gregory Alan Jones b. 4 Aug 1969.
158. Brian Keith Jones b. 15 Jan 1972.
Child of Larry and Deborah:
159. Russell Lawrence Jones b. 15 Apr 1980.
57. Terry Dale Jones b. 18 Mar 1943 m. 4 Sept 1971 Margaret Ann Serbin b. 22 Oct 1949.
160. Sean Edward Jones b. 4 July 1972.
161. Rebecca Jolene Jones b. 4 Nov 1974.
58. William Duane Jones b. 7 Aug 1945 m. 23 Aug 1969 Lynda Anne Desiderio b. 5 Nov 1948. Divorced, Nov 1972. William m. 28 Apr 1973 Cheryl Lynn Maschke b. 5 Feb 1947. Divorced 1975. William m. 7 Nov 1975 Diane Petro Chinchar b. 21 Jan 1943.
162. William Duane Jones, Jr., b. 21 Feb 1971.
59. Cynthia Carolyn Jones b. 18 Aug 1948 m. 22 Apr 1972 Frank Joseph Petro b. 20 Jan 1944. Divorced 1980. Cynthia m. 1980 David Stevens b. 13 Feb 1943.
60. Vernon J. Lewis Jones b. 8 Dec 1949 m. 18 Nov 1972 Ella Mary Ann Mirenda b. 25 Mar 1954.
163. Jason Todd Jones b. 29 Apr 1974.
164. Matthew Vernon Jones b. 23 July 1977.
61. Beverly Joan Jones b. 12 Aug 1936 m. 31 Aug 1957 in Delhi, New York, Richard George Wess b. 29 Nov 1930. Reside Fairport, New York. Beverly graduate of Crane School of Music, Potsdam University. Richard graduate of Clarkson University. Richard was affiliated with Rochester school system and Beverly was a music teacher in Rochester and Fairport school districts.
165. Michael William Wess b. 20 Dec 1961 Rochester, New York, graduate of St John Fisher College, accountant with First Federal Bank, Rochester, New York.
166. Lori Lynn Wess b. 10 June 1964 Rochester, New York, 1986 graduate from Bowling Green, B.S. special education, teacher, Rochester, New York.
167. Sandra Jean Wess b. 20 June 1967 Rochester, New York.
62. David William Jones b. 3 Sept 1945 m. 30 Apr 1966 in Delhi, New York, Margaret Jane Dickson b. 5 Sept 1945. Reside Shokan, New York.
168. Jonathan David Jones b. 14 Dec 1968 Oneonta Fox Hospital, Oneonta, New York.
169. Joshua Dickson Jones b. 1 May 1973 Kingston Hospital, Kingston, New York.
63. Robert John Nash b. 18 Feb 1942 m. Sept 1979 Patricia Mataraza Brooks b. 27 Mar 1942. Reside Union, Broome County, New York.
170. Jonathan Robert Nash b. 27 Jan 1981.
64. Patrica Mae Nash b. 14 June 1944 resided Caldwell, New Jersey and now resides 71 Midvale Avenue, Lake Hiawatha, New Jersey.
65. Alvin Brewster Jones b. 30 Mar 1942 m. Janice ________. Resided Danville, Pennsylvania; Easton, Pennsylvania. She had son, Jeffrey by first marriage.
171. Jeffrey Jones.
172. Brandon Law Jones b. 18 May 1969.
66. Ardys Kay Jones b. 1 Oct 1948 m. 25 Feb Michael James Ross. Mike is a retired police officer, City of Elmira, New York. Resided 1116 Country Lane, Pine City, New York, removed to Big Flats, New York.
173. Michael James Ross II b. 26 Jan 1971.
174. Mark Christopher Ross b. 10 Jan 1973.
175. Shaun Matthew Ross b. 15 July 1977.
67. Margaret Mae Jones b. 17 Oct 1941 m. William Rupar, divorced. Margaret m. 12 Aug 1972 at Troy, Pennsylvania, Glenn Blanchard. Resided Wells Township, Bradford County, Pennsylvania near Mosherville. Glenn, retired Division Manager of Sears Roebuck and Company, d. 25 Dec 1977 buried Tioga County Memorial Gardens. Margaret m. 10 Feb 1979 Charles Hastings b. 3 May. Resided Wells Township and then removed to Kingston, Pennsylvania, PO Box 541, Wyoming PA 18644 and then removed to Florida.
176. Charles Robert Rupar b. 18 Apr 1963 Elmira, New York.
177. Lori Ann Rupar b. 26 Apr 1965.
68. Mary Beth Jones b. 7 July 1954 m. 14 May 1977 in St Anthony's Church, Elmira, New York, Mark Edward Corwin b. 16 Apr 1953 son of David A. Corwin of Endwell, Broome County, New York. Mary Beth attended Mansfield State College and Hudson Valley College. Mark graduated from Albany College of Pharmacy. Mark, pharmacist employed by Fay's Drugs, reside Endicott, Broome County, New York.
178. Jason Adam Corwin b. 3 Feb 1980.
179. Carrie Alicia Corwin stillborn 31 Mar 1983 buried Riverside Cemetery, Endicott, New York.
180. Nathan Alexander Corwin b. 31 Mar 1985.
181. Sara Mae Corwin b. 4 June 1990.
69. Brenda Rae Jones b. 17 Sept 1958 m. 27 Sept 1980 in the Pine City Baptist Church, Pine City, New York, Terry Francis Cuer son of Charles Cuer of Elmira, New York. Brenda, graduate of Elmira Business Institute, employed by John G. Ryan, Inc., Pine City, New York. Resided 1750 Pennsylvania Avenue, Pine City, New York after marriage and Brenda now resides 1834 Pennsylvania Avenue, Pine City, New York. Divorced.
182. Amanda Mae Cuer b. 28 July 1984 Arnot Ogden Hospital, Elmira, New York.
70. Bonita Mae Jones b. 11 June 1961 m. 30 July 1982 in Southside Baptist Church, Elmira, New York, Daniel Patrick Collins son of John P. Collins of 558 Baty Street, Elmira, New York. Bonnie and Daniel both graduates of State Agricultural and Technical College at Alfred, New York. Before marriage, Bonnie employed by the certified public accounting firm of Carnevale and Co., Daniel employed by the consulting firm of Personius-Wadsworth-Molter, Horseheads, New York and later the Sear Brown Group. After marriage resided State College, Pennsylvania where Daniel attended Pennsylvania State University and graduated. Reside 785 Dry Run Road, Pine City, New York 14871. Bonnie operates a State Farm Insurance Agency in Elmira.
183. Christopher Ray Collins b. 15 Apr 1986 State College, Pennsylvania.
184. Kevin John Collins b. 5 Sept 1988.
185. Meghan Katerina Collins b. 23 July 1992 Arnot Ogden Hospital, Elmira, New York.
71. Deborah Lynn Jones b. 20 Jan 1952 m. 15 Aug 1970 Keith Morgan. Keith, owner of lumber business in Wells Township, Bradford County, Pennsylvania. Reside Route 549 Wells Township.
186. Heather Elizabeth Morgan b. 23 Feb 1971.
187. Casey Keith Morgan b. 6 Mar 1980.
188. Cody Jones Morgan b. 10 Sept 1986.
72. Roy Jeffrey Jones b. 18 Jan 1954 m. 24 Aug 1978 at his parent's home in Wells township, Bradford County, Pennsylvania, Sara Eleanor Hoyt b. 19 Sept 1958 Elmira, New York daughter of Harry Guy and Eleanor Ann Hoyt of 680 Perine Street, Elmira, New York. Sally attended Mansfield State College and Jeff graduated from Mansfield State College in 1975. Resided Oswayo, Pennsylvania where Jeff was a teacher in the Oswayo Valley School District. From Oswayo removed to Mosherville, Wells Township, Bradford County, Pennsylvania and then removed to Tioga, Pennsylvania, Jeff a teacher in the Wellsboro School District and then removed to Wellsboro, Pennsylvania where Jeff is a guidance counselor in the Wellsboro School District.
189. Cara Jones b. 24 Apr 1980.
190. Bradford Roy Jones b. 6 Mar 1983.
191. Thomas Jeffrey Jones b. 8 Nov 1984.
192. Cameron Hoyt Jones b. 17 Aug 1990.
73. Alan Lindsley Jones b. 26 Jan 1960 graduate of Millersville University, m. 26 Dec 1986 Susan Rene Wilson of Wells Township b. 4 Oct 1965. Susan attended Liberty University. Alan, teacher, resided near Jobs Corners, Tioga County, Pennsylvania and then removed to a home they built near his parents on Farm View Road, Wells Township, Bradford County, Pennsylvania. Alan is a teacher in the Mansfield School District.
193. Danylle Rene Jones b. 29 Oct 1987.
194. Logan Alan Jones b. 9 July 1990.
195. Auburn Christine Jones b. 3 Dec 1992.
196. Braxton Henry Jones b. 9 July 1997.
74. John Keavin Jones b. 22 Nov 1952 m. 10 Nov 1972 in the Troy
First Presbyterian Church, Troy, Pennsylvania, Susan Marie White
b. 13 Dec 1953 Arnot Ogden Memorial Hospital, Elmira, New York daughter
of Hugh White and Bertha Dean. Keavin graduated from Pennsylvania
State University with a degree in mechanical engineering. Susan attended
Keystone Junior College. Keavin employed by Eastern Metal, Elmira, New
York. Susan employed by Chemung Canal Bank beginning in 1973, assistant
manager of Southside office since 1982 and in 1988 became manager, and
then manager of the loan department, retired. Reside in the home where
his grandparents settled in Wells Township, Bradford County, Pennsyvlania.
John Keavin Jones
J. Kelsey Jones in 1991
197. Jon Christopher Jones (twin) b. 9 July 1974 Arnot Ogden Hospital, Elmira, New York d. 25 Dec 1991 at home in Wells Township, Bradford County, Pennsylvania buried Glenwood Cemetery, Troy, Pennsylvania.
198. Joel Kurt Jones (twin) stillborn 9 July 1974 Arnot Ogden Hospital, buried Glenwood Cemetery, Troy, Pennsylvania.
199. Kory Jayson Jones b. 21 Sept 1986 Arnot Ogden Hospital, Elmira, New York.
75. Jan Kelsey Jones b. 11 Nov 1958 graduate of Elmira College in 1980 with a B.S. in Business Administration. Executive Director of Schuyler County Partnership for Economic Development, Watkins Glen, New York. Resides Pine City, New York.
167. Sandra Jean Wess b. 20 June 1967 Rochester, New York attended Ball State, Muncie, Indiana and Buffalo State University, m. Jeff Rishel.
Samuel Thomas Rishel b. 10 Aug 2000.
172. Brandon Law Jones b. 1969 m. Tracy.
173. Michael James Ross II b. 26 Jan 1971 m. 15 Aug 1998 in the First Presbyterian Church, Troy, Pennsylvania, Angela L. Calkins daughter of Thomas A. Calkins III of Troy. Angela graduate of Mansfield University and employed by Northern Tier Counseling, Sayre, Pennsylvania. Michael graduate of Southern Tier Law Enforcement Academy, Corning, New York, employed by Elmira Police Department. Reside Pine City, New York.
174. Mark Christopher Ross b. 10 Jan 1973 m. Denise.
176. Charles Robert Rupar b. 18 Apr 1963 m. 15 Sept 1985 at Hammondsport, Steuben County, New York, Lois Jeanine Crittenden daughter of Richard David Crittenden and Sheila Jean Brown. Resided Mansfield, Pennsylvania and removed in 2004 to Florida, reside Cape Coral.
Chad Austin Rupar b. 11 Apr 1993 Elmira, New York.
Abby Caroline Rupar (twin) b. 20 Dec 1995 Elmira, New York.
Blake Richard Rupar (twin) b. 20 Dec 1995 Elmira, New York.
177. Lori Ann Rupar b. 26 Apr 1965 m. Nov 1995 Andrew J. Kratz, Jr. Reside Wilkes Barre, Pennsylvania area.
Christina Ann Kratz b. 2 July 1999.
186. Heather Elizabeth Morgan b. 23 Feb 1971 m. BrianJohnston, reside Farm Virew Road, Wells Township (Gillett P.O.), Bradford County, Pennsylvania.
Brandon Johnston b. Nov 1996.
1. 1851 Wales census.
2. 1900 and 1910 Pennsylvania federal census.
3. Clearfield County, Pennsylvania deeds.
4. Clearfield County, Pennsylvania death record of John E. Jones.
5. Registered birth of David Jones, General Register Office, London, England.
6. David and Catherine Pearson Jones family bible in possession of compiler.
7. Tioga County, Pennsylvania records of birth commencing in 1892 through 1906.
8. 1899 Tioga County, Pennsylvania business directory.
9. Pennsylvania death records of David Jones and Catherine Jones.
10. Information supplied by family members.
J. Kelsey Jones