|A fire destroyed the store and feed mill next to the Baptist Church
in East Smithfield. They re-built everything, and used the bricks
that were salvageable from the old church in the new church. This
postcard from Baptist minister, Orey Crippen, who was then at East Smithfield,
to his brother, Eugene, gives us the date that the walls fell - April 1912.